Cultivated plants of our planet
Crop plants are those plants that are grown by humans for eating, feeding animals, receiving medicines or raw materials, etc. All these plants are also called agro-crops.
1. Grain crops. They are also called grasses. They are very important for a person, since they make up his basic diet. In addition, cereals are used as feed for animals, and also used in production. In general, cereals are very important. Plants such as wheat, rice, barley, oats, corn, buckwheat, rye and many others enter this group.
2. Vegetable crops are also very important for humans as they enter into its diet in rather large quantities, as well as suppliers of vitamins, trace elements, macroelements and other useful substances. The most common vegetable plants are potatoes, zucchini, carrots, cabbage, beets, tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, garlic, onions.
3. Fruit cultures are real cemetery of useful substances. Many fruit plant species are the leaders in the list of the most useful plants in the world. Difficult to imagine, from where people would take the necessary useful substances to them, if there were no fruit plants. The most famous among them are: apple, pear, orange, kiwi, peach, banana, melon, persimmon, grapes, raspberries and many other plants.
All remaining crops can be divided into:
– Legumes (beans, beans, peas, lentils, soy beans).
– Oilseed (rape, sunflower, European olive oil).
– Melons (melon, pumpkin, watermelon).
– Stimulants (coffee tree, cocoa, ginseng).
– Fibrous (linen, cotton, hemp).
– Sakharonosnye (sugar beets, melon, watermelon).
– Starchy (potatoes, corn).
Apart from all, there are decorative cultures. Decorative plants are called those that are grown for the design of living spaces, parks, gardens, squares, etc. As a rule, they are grown only for the sake of beauty, but in spite of this, they can be of considerable use. What is successful and do. Plants release oxygen, and also clean the air. But, besides this, they also have other useful qualities.
Examples of ornamental plants are: rose, cactus, asparagus, violet, begonias, aloe and others.
About Cultivated Plants
Because agricultural crops are cultivated by humans, they do not have natural habitats. Although sometimes such plants can be found in nature, but they are wild, as a rule, it does not prevent them from using them for the same purposes as cultural ones.
Many species of cultivated plants interbreed with others. People are constantly experimenting with trying to achieve better crops, plant resistance to illnesses or poor climatic conditions. And quite often people are able to achieve the desired, which is why we see on their tables such delicious products of plant origin.